The Stingray team released a new version of Stingray Traffic Manager on May 6th and it is available for download on http://support.riverbed.com in the downloads area.
Riverbed Stingray Traffic Manager 9.2 is a minor revision of the Stingray product family, containing a number of performance and functionality enhancements. Customers are recommended to upgrade to this version to take advantage of the changes.
Enhancements in this release include:
Virtual Appliance Microsoft Hyper-V R3 Support
Hyper-V virtual appliance is now available. Hyper-V R3 is supported for Windows Servers 2012 only; Windows Server 2008 is not supported. Microsoft’s Linux integration services (equivalent of VMware tools) are provided. This is a 64bit only release with fully virtualized NICs. This release is supplied as a VHD and can be managed via PowerShell scripts.
Stingray Application Firewall Upgrade
Stingray Application Firewall has been updated to version 4.5. This release has the following new features:
- Enforcer TrafficScript update; default request size increased to 2MB
- Bypass for static content matching certain file types
- Ability to customize HTML error page with error IDs
- IPv6 support
- New wizard – ApplicationCreationWizard
- New PCI auditor mode
VMware Guest OS Customizations
With this release, you will be able to configure IP addresses, hostname, etc. from vCenter when you clone an STM VA from a running instance or from a template. This feature will prevent IP address conflicts when cloning machines and enables automated deployment.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) Enhancements
- Bring Your Own License (BYOL): Customers can now upload a permanent license key, purchased from Riverbed, to a Developer Edition AMI from the AWS Marketplace. The developer mode AMI is now available on the same Amazon instance types as paid-for AMIs.
- Support for new AWS regions: Stingray Traffic Manager (STM) is now available for deployment in Sydney and Sao Paulo regions in addition to the existing AWS regions.
- VPC Enhancements: The upgraded AMIs available on AWS Marketplace now have the ability to:
- Load balance across multiple availability zones (AZs) within a region.
- Stingray Traffic Manager (STM) can now be clustered among a combination of VPC, EC2 and non-AWS instances.
More detail on AWS enhancements and upgrades here: http://splash.riverbed.com/stingray/upgrade/aws
Virtual Appliance OS Upgrade
The underlying OS for Stingray Appliances has been updated significantly for this release, and consequent updates have been applied to installed packages.
Cloud Steelhead Discovery Agent Upgrade
This release updates the Cloud Steelhead Discovery Agent and allows traffic for multiple local IP addresses to be accelerated. We register all Traffic IP addresses on each Stingray so that they will be accelerated if the Stingray starts managing a Traffic IP Group (TIP).